Your donations make a difference!
Your donations fund MCC programs both locally and globally
If you’re like most, you have a lot of stuff… Stuff that clutters your closets, your basement and maybe even a storage unit. When you’re ready to rid yourself of the burden of some of that stuff, we’ll be happy to take your clean, resaleable items from you. We even have a furniture pick-up service to help with the big stuff and it’s free to you.
Since New Hamburg Thrift Centre is non-profit, we cannot buy anything to sell in our shop nor can we take anything on consignment. We rely strictly on the generosity of our donors.
PLEASE DO NOT leave donations after hours. We value what you’re donating and when donations are left in the elements, your donations are no longer useful and become waste.
We stress quality, clean, resaleable items because we can’t sell household items with missing pieces or chipped or broken parts. All clothing and furniture items need to be free of stains, pet hair, and smoke. If you’re dropping off items which didn’t sell at your garage sale, please have the stickers removed and ensure that it’s something that is saleable.
We also appreciate like things bagged together (footwear or clothing) and ask that you discard toys and games with missing pieces at home.
For more details about what we do or don’t take, please see below or call 519-662-2867.
ITEMS WE DO ACCEPT
** Please note: we cannot accept items that are ripped, stained or contain pet hair
- Clothing, shoes, boots, jewellery, purses
- Furniture, bed frames, mattresses, boxsprings, lamps, area carpets, small desks, mirrors, pictures and picture frames
- Houseware items such as dishes, glassware, pots & pans, kitchen utensils, home décor, knick-knacks and more
- Linen items such as bedding, toweling, drapery, shower curtains, decorative pillows
- Small appliances in good working order (microwaves, coffee makers, toasters, blenders, space heaters, humidifiers, etc.)
- Books, stationery, school supplies
- Toys, games, puzzles
- DVDs, VHS tapes, CDs (please note we do not accept cassette tapes)
- Musical instruments such as guitars, wind and string instruments and percussion
- Craft supplies, fabric, notions, yarn, sewing supplies
- Sporting goods such as skates, hockey equipment, skis, skateboards, cleats, balls, bats, bicycles, exercise equipment, etc.
- Tools, hardware, lawn & garden equipment
- Antiques, collectibles, clocks
- Et cetera!
Seasonal items and decorations (Christmas, Halloween, etc.)
Please note: We appreciate your seasonal donations, however if you could please hold on to your patio furniture until April it would be helpful. We have limited storage space.
ITEMS WE DO NOT ACCEPT
Due to health regulations and disposal fees we are unable to accept the following items:
- Baby equipment (cribs, high chairs, car seats, booster seats designed for a car, bath rings, baby gates, baby walkers, teethers, pacifiers, etc.)
- Large appliances (refrigerator, stove, freezer, air conditioner, washer, dryers, dishwashers, etc.)
- Chemicals of any kind
- Pianos or organs
- Entertainment units
- Helmets (of any kind)
- Horizontal patio blinds
- Building materials
- Automotive parts
- Large Desks