You may only be one person, but be one person who makes a difference by volunteering with us!
So many different people, so many different stories… You may be someone who’s always given their time to different causes… you may be a high school student looking for volunteer hours and experience for a resume… you may be a person who works full-time, has a family and only has a few hours a month to spare. Wherever you are on your volunteer path, we’re here to help.
New applications are always accepted. We’re looking for general help throughout the shop and require special individuals for the following positions:
- Receivers – We are looking for friendly folks to accept donations from donors with a smile, offer a sincere thank you, and perform initial sort. We have openings Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Students welcome! This is a busy position requiring the ability to lift items up to 30 lbs. Join us and see the wide variety of things that arrive each day!
- Cashier – Are you friendly and enjoy meeting new people? No experience necessary – all training provided. Shifts available Friday evenings and Saturdays. Students are welcome! We are also looking for people who might not want a regular weekly shift but would be willing to be added to our relief list to be called in as needed.
- Housewares – Can you tell if a knick-knack is knicked? We need lots of help to sort and price the high volume of housewares donations. Opening on Wednesday morning.
- Housewares support – Monday morning & Wednesday afternoon we are looking for someone to help tidy up and display priced housewares in the store.
- Dolls & Stuffed Animals – We need a kid-at-heart volunteer to sort and price the donations of dolls and stuffed animals on Thursday afternoon. Beware, you might just be tempted to purchase some of the cute little critters!
- Clothing sorters – Do you enjoy fashion? Have an eye for labels and trends? Join the Tuesday morning sorting group or if you prefer you can help us hanging the priced clothes Wednesday mornings.
- Wipes coordinator – Friendly volunteer who enjoy meeting new people needed. Supporting volunteer groups Monday Morning who cut clothing into rags.
- Indoor plants – do you have a green thumb? We are in need of volunteers to pot plants and priced them Friday Afternoon.
- Stationary & school supplies – A volunteer is needed to sort, price, and display donated office and school supplies. Shift available Tuesday afternoon.
- Amateur Photographer – Occasional roaming photographers needed to capture our awesome volunteers at work! Camera and storage card supplied.
If you’re interested in learning more about our volunteer openings, please contact the store at 519-662-2867 and speak with Karla or email firstname.lastname@example.org
STUDENTS: We can accept only a limited number of students on Friday nights, Saturdays, PD Days, and during summer vacation. Community Service hours cannot be earned during regular school hours.