Christmas Is on It’s Way!
You can tell Christmas is on it’s way here at The New Hamburg Thrift Centre! The front of the store is now beautifully adorned with trees and Christmas décor. With only two months to go our minds start thinking of all things Christmas. Décor, music, the perfect Christmas outfit, and that special gift. Have you thought about shopping for these things at the New Hamburg Thrift Centre?
Here are some ideas to consider:
- Agree to have a theme-giving event where you insist gifts are only second-hand; either something you already own or something purchased from a thrift store with charitable connections. There are a lot of unique and fun items out there to consider! Interested in buying jewelry for someone special? Come and check out our fabulous JEWELRY EXTRAVAGANZA beginning November 18th. Come in and check out our unique jewelry items. Do you have someone to buy for who loves winter sports? How about shopping at our SKI SALE starting November 25?
- Give a MCC Thrift Shop Gift Card (any amount available) which can be used at any MCC Thrift shops across Ontario.
- Support someone you don’t know with basic needs by spending time with your family or friends putting together school kits, relief kits, hygiene kits or making comforters. Have a kit-making party! More information at //mcccanada.ca/get-involved/kits/relief
- Make your own gift! We have tons of crafts supplies for you to make into something unique or buy one of our beautiful comforters, quilts, mats or hand-knit items made by our talented volunteers.
- Or forego the giving of “things” completely by spending your Christmas dollars through donation to your favourite charity. MCC has a Christmas Giving Program where you can provide gifts of food, water and shelter for people locally and around the world. Catalogues are available at the store. A card is provided for the recipient to show how “their gift” has helped others. It also contains project information about how the funds are used.
Drop by The New Hamburg Thrift Centre to find out more! We are committed to more than just providing a low cost shopping alternative. All purchases support the local economy, the environment, and Mennonite Central Committee, a relief agency working among people suffering from poverty, conflict, oppression, and natural disaster.